PQube and developer Petoons Studio have revealed that upcoming ‘ratoidvania’ adventure ‘Curse of the Sea Rats’, is releasing on April 6th, 2023 for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One.
Embark on the epic journey of four prisoners of the British empire, transformed into rats by the notorious pirate witch, Flora Burn. To regain their human bodies, they will have to fight many dangerous bosses, uncover the secrets of the vast Irish coast, and ultimately capture the witch who cursed them.
- Classic metroidvania platforming & combat – Explore and fight your way through a wide variety of stunning locations along the 18th century Irish coast
- 4 iconic heroes with individual playstyles and skill trees – Develop your skills as David Douglas, Buffalo Calf, Bussa, and Akane Yamakawa
- Stunning hand-drawn art and animations – 2D animation inspired by classic animated films combines seamlessly with detailed 3D environments
- Local co-op for up to 4 players – Drop-in/out at any point using the flexible local co-op mode
- Challenging boss battles – Take on Flora Burn’s elite crew! Study and learn their complex attack patterns to emerge victorious
- Get Spiritual – Gather Spiritual Energy and use it to upgrade your characters with extensive skill trees!
- Item collecting & inventory management – Search for hidden treasure and purchase items from the quartermaster to give you the edge in battle
- Launching April 6th, 2023 for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One!